Wednesday 11 September 2013

Durood (Blessings on Prophet(pbuh))

Allah swt says in the Glorious Quran(33:56)
“Indeed, Allah confers blessing upon the Prophet, and His angels [ask Him to do so]. O you who have believed, ask [ Allah to confer] blessing upon him and ask [ Allah to grant him] peace.”
Prophet(pbuh) said
“Whoever supplicates Allah to exalt my mention, Allah will exalt his mention ten times”          [Muslim]
The above ayat and Hadith  instruct us to send blessings (Durood) on our beloved Prophet(pbuh). Angels and everything in this world send blessings on our Prophet (pbuh), similarly we, human beings and Muslims are instructed to send blessings as well. Sending blessings on Prophet(pbuh) holds great merits. The Prophet(pbuh) said
“The people who will be nearest to me on the Day of Judgment will be those who supplicate Allah more often for me”                       [At-Trimdhi]
By “nearest to me”, Prophet (pbuh) meant those who are entitled to his intercession. One another thing that we learn from this Hadith is that we should ask Allah to send blessings on Prophet(pbuh) in abundance.
At another place Prophet(pbuh) said
“Among the best of your days is Friday; so supplicate Allah more often for me in it, for your supplications will be displayed to me,”  He was asked “Oh Messenger of Allah! How will our blessings be displayed to you when your decayed body will have mixed with the earth?” He(pbuh) replied
“Allah has prohibited the earth from consuming the bodies of the Prophets”                                               [Abu Dawood]
The above Hadith signifies that the Durood we send is actually received by Prophet (pbuh). The angels present our Durood to the Prophet(pbuh) from where ever we send it.
Prophet(pbuh) said
“Do not make my grave a place of festivity and supplicate Allah for me, for your supplication reaches me wherever you are”                   [Abu Dawood]
At another place he(pbuh) said
“Whenever someone greets me, Allah returns the soul to my body (in the grave) and I return his greeting.”                  [AbuDawud]
We learn from this Hadith that Prophet(pbuh) is alive in his grave and he answers the salutation offered by the Muslims. But this is his life in grave till Day of Judgment, reality not known to us.
On the other hand, Prophet(pbuh) expressed his displeasure to anyone who doesn’t sends Durood on Prophet(pbuh)
Prophet(pbuh) said
“The miser is one in whom my presence I am mentioned but he does not supplicates for me”                                                                                  [At-Trimdhi]
At another place he(pbuh) said
“May his nose soil with dust in whose presence mention is made of me and he does not supplicates for me.”                                                          [At-Trimdhi]
The above Hadith teach us to supplicate for Prophet(pbuh) whenever and wherever we hear his name or else we may be among the losers. May Allah swt give us the ability to send blessings on Prophet(pbuh) in abundance.
By Jahanzaib Jamshed
Peace_be_upon_him
Durood

No comments:

Post a Comment