Thursday 12 September 2013

Manners and Sunnah of sitting and Lying


muslim_prayer_beads
Abdullah bin Zaid (R.A) reported: "I saw Prophet(pbuh) laying down on his back in the mosque, placing one leg on another" [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
Ibn Umar (R.A) reported: "I saw Messenger of Allah sitting in the compound of the Holy Kabah, with thighs against the stomach and arms around his legs."           [Al-Bukhari]
Qailah bint Makhramah (R.A)  reported: "I saw Prophet(pbuh) seated with his arms enfolding his legs; and when I saw him in such a state guise I trembled with fear due to the awe (he showed in that posture)
Jabir bin Samurah (R.A) reported : After Fajr Prayer the Prophet(pbuh) used to sit cross legged in the same place in which he had prayed till the sun shone brightly.            [Abu Dawud]

By Jahanzaib Jamshed

No comments:

Post a Comment